List of useful books:
URINALYSIS AND BODY FLUIDS (5th edition)
Susan King Strasinger and Marjorie Schaub Di Lorenzo (2008)
This thoroughly updated 5th Edition provides you with concise and carefully structured full-color instruction in the handling and analysis of non-blood body fluids. You will learn how to handle and preserve the integrity of body fluid specimens and how to keep yourself and your laboratory safe from infectious agents! Practical, focused, and reader friendly, this popular text teaches the theoretical and practical knowledge every clinical laboratory scientist needs to handle and analyze non-blood body fluids, and to keep you and your laboratory safe from infectious agents. The 5th Edition has been completely updated to include all of the new information and new testing procedures that are important in this rapidly changing field. Case studies and clinical situations show how work in the classroom translates to work in the lab.
- All of the urinalysis chapters conform to Clinical and Laboratory Standards Institute and CAP regulations.
- Study questions at the end of each chapter, now in multiple-choice format, to emulate questions on the national ASCP examination.
- Body fluids chapters expanded to include additional anatomy, physiology, and recent advances in testing
- Significantly enhanced coverage of body fluids, amniotic fluid, feces, CSF, and metabolic diseases, particularly in the areas of anatomy and physiology, function, and recent advances in testing
- Updates on urinalysis automation in an appendix.
- Better tables and charts.
- More full-color slides.
Key features include:
- Uses case studies and clinical situations to promote problem-solving and critical-thinking skills.
- Discusses the safety precautions needed to guard against hazards related to urine and body fluid analyses.
- Features more than 175 full-color slides of urine, cerebrospinal, seminal, synovial, and serous fluids, positioned close to the related text.
- Reviews renal physiology and renal function testing.
- Offers comprehensive discussions of the physical, chemical, and microscopic analyses of urine.
- Describes, in detail, the laboratory tests used for the diagnosis and monitoring of diseases of glomerular, tubular, interstitial, and vascular origins.
- Covers quality assurance and management, including requirements of accrediting agencies.
- Uses procedure and summary boxes for quick reference.
- Comprehensive discussion of current instrumentation in the urinalysis laboratory.
GRAFF'S TEXTBOOK OF URINALYSIS AND BODY FLUIDS
Lillian Mundt and Kristy Shanahan (2010)
Newly updated, Graff's Textbook of Urinalysis and Body Fluids provides a urinalysis reference for laboratory students and professionals. The Second Edition contains full-color images and top-notch coverage of urinalysis principles which include new material on body fluids, more information on safety and quality assurance, and features such as objectives, case studies, and study questions.
Last modification on 15 August 2017